- PhD student position: We are currently looking for a highly motivated and skilled PhD student to join a new research group at Institute of Philosophy and Sociology at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, working on the project “Dynamics of inequalities in participation in higher and adult education: A comparative social justice perspective”, funded by the National Science Fund to the Ministry of Education and Science of Bulgaria within the National Scientific Programme “VIHREN” – https://justedu2020.eu/. The position is for 12 months. Application deadline 17/03/2021, 16:00. Full details: https://euraxess.ec.europa.eu/jobs/614880
- CALL FOR PAPERS Regional conference ” Trust and Well-Being in the Balkans” Abstract submission deadline: 31 March 2021
- International Conference ‘Refugees – Fears, Understanding, Empathy’ Sofia, Bulgaria, 17 May 2021
- Institute of Mathematics and Informatics Bulgarian Academy of Sciences Department of Algebra and Logic Seminar of Algebra and Logic Joint Meeting with the Seminar of the Department of Logic and Its Applications of the Faculty of Mathematics and Informatics of Sofia University and the Logic Seminar of the Institute of Philosophy and Sociology of BAS: World Logic Day
- “The Impact of Artificial Intelligence on Our Society” Online conference (Zoom), Friday, 20th November 2020
- Еxhibition “Duvarmuzei”, from 29th of September until 23th of October, at Goethe-Institut, Sofia.
- Prof. Michael Burawoy visited Bulgaria for the first time in 2013 for a series of four lectures: The Challenges to Global Sociology (at the Bulgarian Academy of Science); What is the Fate of Marxism after Communism? (at Social Center Haspel); Social Movements in a Neoliberal Age (at the New Bulgarian University) and Dilemmas to Public Sociology (at Sofia University).
At his first talk in Bulgaria, hosted by the Bulgarian Academy of Science’s Institute for the Study of Societies an Knowledge Prof. Burawoy was awarded with the ribbon of honor by Prof. Rumiana Stoilova, serving as the Institute’s director at the time.
- Apply for a Marie Skłodowska-Curie Research Fellowship At the Institute for the Study of Societies and Knowledge, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences